Melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer, can appear all over the body. But there are a few parts of the body where melanoma is most commonly found. These might be places that you want to check out more often. Make sure to self-check and go and see a doctor when you don’t feel comfortable with any skin spot. So where is melanoma most common?
Interestingly enough, there is a big difference for common places for men and women. For men and women, melanoma is found on different common places on the body. That’s important to know for your self-checks, so you know which parts of the body need extra attention. Let’s dive deeper into this.
Where is melanoma most common for men?
- Head: both on visible places like the forehead and cheeks, but also on the scalp. So make sure to check under the hair as well.
- Neck: everywhere on the neck.
- Back: as this is hard for yourself to check, ask your partner or a friend to check your back. Or use a doctor’s visit for a chance to have it checked out.
- Trunk: both on the chest and the stomach.
Where is melanoma most common for women?
- Arms: on the whole arm, also on upper arm where you would not suspect a lot of impact from the sun.
- Legs: also under the sole of the foot, make sure to check there as well.
It’s important to note that these are common places where melanoma appears, but melanoma can appear all over the body. Do not only check the body parts mentioned above.