SkinVision is committed to protecting your online privacy. We feel it is important for you to know how we handle the information we receive from you via our website ( https://www.skinvision.com
) (Website) and the application (App). You can visit our Website without revealing any personal information. However, you are required to provide an email address to create an account in the App, to receive a newsletter or obtain personalized information and services.
3. Personal data we may collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when you register and complete your profile in the App, including your name, email address, profile picture, gender, date of birth, location and skin type.
- Information that you provide when you complete your risk profile, including: health related information.
- Information that you post on our Website for publication on the Internet, including your name and the content of your posts.
- Information relating to the results of the analysis.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication (e.g. in the feedback form) that you send to us or send through our Website or the App.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
4. What we do with the data
Personal information submitted to us through our Website or App will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the Website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Manage our Website, App and business;
- Enable your use of the services available in our App;
- Supply to you services purchased in the App;
- Send you non-commercial communications, including our newsletter (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter).
- Send you email notifications relating to the results of the analysis. In case you receive a red rating we may send you an e-mail wherein we provide you with information and ask you to provide us with information about possible follow-up actions;
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business and the businesses of carefully-selected third parties, which we think may be of interest to you, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Conduct research activities (see section 6);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (however, those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Handle feedback, enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website or the App.
If you submit personal information for publication on our Website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your expressed consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
5. Health tools information
In order to use the health tools in our App you may need to provide personal information. This information may include your answers to questions about your health status. We use this information to calculate risks.
By uploading your images in the App, you explicitly consent to the images being processed for the purposes of the provision of the Services and to be used anonymously for the purposes of research and testing of the Services software. As such, your images may be reviewed by our employees or third-party consultants engaged by us.
All third-party service providers mentioned in these Terms are subject to similar privacy obligations as are contained in these Terms.
You grant us a transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to use anonymously any of the images and data that you upload to the Website and/or App for the purposes of medical, clinical and commercial research.
If you are participating in a research study (Donate your Mole) we may also collect sensitive data from you, in the meaning of health information. We will limit the collection of sensitive information to the minimum amount required to perform our services.
We will only collect sensitive information with your prior consent and only if it is directly related to, or reasonably necessary for the research we conduct.
7. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to certain employees, officers, health professionals, authorised service providers, agents or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy or to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
In exception to what is provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
8. Cross border data transfers
All data you provide is stored on a secure cloud server in the territory of the European Union. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside your country. By submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to the cloud server.
Personal information may also be processed by staff or by other third party service providers operating outside your country who work for us. We take such steps as are necessary in the circumstances to ensure that any overseas third party service providers treat your data securely and in accordance with applicable laws.
9. Financial transactions
The financial in-app-purchase transactions for a subscription are handled through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (depending on your device). These transactions are subject to the privacy police of Apple and Google Play.
10. Retaining personal information
SkinVision will destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as reasonably practicable once it is no longer required for that purpose or purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain (electronic) documents containing personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
11. Data Protection
All data that you enter on the App and the Website is encrypted with secure server software (SSL). The encryption means that your data is protected while it is being transferred over the Internet to our servers.
We store your account information and your digital images on separate servers. The servers sit behind a firewall restricted to only necessary ports for running the Website.
SkinVision does not guarantee that personal information transmitted to the Server (including without limitation information in your Account), will not be disclosed to third parties. While our aim is to keep your personal information confidential by security measures, third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions or private communications, or access data within the Server.
12. Your rights – Access to your information
We will, upon your request, and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information that is held by us.
We request that you provide us with appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
In your request for access we also request that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type(s) of information you wish to have access to.
We will deal with your request to provide access to your personal information within 30 days and if you agree we may charge you our reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to this information.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Your rights entitle you to cancel, make anonymous or block any of your data that is processed in breach of applicable laws.
You may oppose against the processing of personal information concerning you, even if they are relevant to the purpose of the collection.
13. Third Party Websites
Our Website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
15. Our details
This Website and the App is owned and operated by SkinVision B.V. Our principal place of business is at Barbara Strozzilaan 201, 1083 HN Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our Website contact form or the feedback form in the App or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org