SkinVision offers a unique and scientifically-proven technology that empowers individuals to assess their skin for signs of skin cancer. SkinVision is an established business with many customers and large stakeholders like regulatory bodies, insurance companies, corporations and dermatology groups and associations. These stakeholders expect the highest quality and reliability of SkinVision in terms of technology operations and accuracy of the service, given the high responsibility of these groups.
We are looking for a backend developer that believes in what the SkinVision technology can mean for millions of people around the world to join our team and bring our platform to the next level.
In this position, you’ll be the king ping in transitioning our Ruby-on-Rails based systems to a modern, micro-services based approach (preferably written in Java). You will work closely with the technical team to establish and maintain a solid and high-quality platform, development and deployment processes while at the same time being smart about the solutions we adopt. In Digital Health, it is key that the deployment is done traceable, automatically and transparently. You pay extra attention to gaining insight in how the system performs and why.
Our platform runs on Amazon AWS and needs to be highly available and scale cost-effectively, while at the same time meeting the regulatory requirements for security and privacy. SkinVision is data-driven at its heart.
Our technology stack consists amongst others of Java, Ruby on Rails, Docker/Kubernetes, AWS (EC2, RDS, Redshift, SQS and various other), Torch & Keras.
What you can bring:
- We are transitioning from Rails to JVM-based microservices. You focus on clear, testable and secure components.
- You have solid Java (JVM-based languages) experience.
- You have experience with (REST) API design and know the do’s and the don’ts.
- Amazon AWS: experience with deploying/running systems on AWS. You understand the infrastructure needs to deploy a system robustly and in a highly available way.
- DevOps experience with a focus on quality is a definite plus – at the very least you have experience with automated deployments, automated testing and Continuous Integration (CI) systems such as Jenkins, BitBucket Pipelines, CircleCI etc.
- Experience with static analysis tools such as PMD, FindBugs, SonarQube etc. is a plus.
- Solid experience with scrum / agile estimation – you know how to manage your work effectively/predictably and to work with a team.
- You understand how you can use data to improve not only the function of the platform, but also how to make it operate even better. SQL and performance optimization is a plus.
What you can expect:
- A fast growing scale-up environment in Amsterdam
- Your work will save lives every day, and makes an impact globally
- Help the SkinVision app to bring down the mortality rate of skin cancer drastically
- Work with a very close team and be involved in key decisions on the product
- Competitive salary and additional perks
- And obviously: unlimited skin checks for you, your family and your friends
Apply by sending us a short motivation, and attach a 1-page CV with relevant experience: email@example.com
Various keywords: java/jvm, docker, kubernetes, ruby, rails, ci, jenkins, aws (ec2/rds/redshift/sqs), devops, scaling, high availability, security, git, big data, data driven, python.