Melanoma for young people
As SkinVision we’re helping people around the world to detect risky spots early, and therefore raising awareness for skin cancer is an important thing for us. We need you to join us in the fight against melanoma, so here are some more facts to consider.
Melanoma by age
Besides that melanoma occurs at all ages it is the most popular cancer for your people. Also, we see the number rising.
- Melanoma is the most common form of cancer for young adults 25-29 years old
- ..and the second most common form of cancer for young people 15-29 years old.
- Melanoma accounts for six percent of cancer cases in teens 15-19 years old. (so even that young you will be exposed to the risk)
- On average, a person’s risk for melanoma doubles if he or she has had more than five sunburns.
- Half of all adults aged 18-29 report at least one sunburn in the past 12 months.
Let young people be aware of melanoma
It is important that you know the symptoms of melanoma so that you know where to look for.